Breakfast and Lunch
Breakfast and Lunch are FREE for all students enrolled at Apollo.
Breakfast – 7:30-8:25 a.m.
Lunch – 10:50-11:20 – Kindergarten
11:00-11:30 – Pre-K
11:20-11:50 – 1st Grade
11:40-12:10 – 2nd Grade
12:10-12:40 – 3rd Grade
12:30-1:00 – 4th Grade
1:00-1:30 – 5th Grade
Kindergarten-Grade 5 – 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Pre-K – 8:30 a.m. – 2:40 p.m.
Morning Drop-off Instructions
Students may enter the building at 7:30 a.m. using the front entrance.
Please enter the parking lot at the Northeast entrance and exit through the Southeast entrance. Traffic through the parking lot is one way. Please drive slowly and watch for children. Students will enter through the front doors on the East side of the building.
The red zone in front of the building is a fire zone. You may pull up and drop off your student(s) in the fire zone, but please do not park there. Parking in a fire zone may result in a ticket from the Bethany Police. When unloading students from cars, please be respectful of the busses. If you are waiting with your student(s) until the doors open, please park in a legal parking space.
Please help by doing your part to help keep our kids safe.
Breakfast is served in the cafeteria from 7:30-8:25 a.m. After eating breakfast or arriving and choosing not to eat breakfast, students will go to the playground on good weather days and to the gym on inside days. Students will be dismissed to their classroom teacher at 8:20 a.m.
Eagle Eye Assemblies
Eagle Eye is our weekly assembly and takes place every Friday at 8:30 a.m. in the gym. Each classroom has been assigned a date to showcase their class by sharing something they’ve recently learned through a video or live performance.
Car Riders will load on the North side of the building. The line should begin on Eastbound 19th Street. Enter the parking lot from the Northwest entrance. The line will branch into two lines as you make your way to the loading area. Follow the line until you reach the loading area in front of the cafeteria windows. Follow the cones to the exit.
Please follow the following safety guidelines:
· Students will be brought to your car by a teacher. Do not leave your car unattended to walk your child to your car.
· Please do not drive around other cars to pick up your child.
· Students will wait in the cafeteria until they are called by the teachers on duty to be loaded into cars. Teachers will be checking to ensure that the appropriate person is picking up each child.
· Please help keep the line moving. If you must park to do school business during pick-up time, please do so in the designated parking spaces on the East side of the school.
· Students who are car riders must be picked up from the car line. Please do not wait in the lobby or the parking lot to meet your student(s). If your child is a car rider, then they will be dismissed to the car rider loading area. This is a safety issue.
· Do not park in the fire lanes in front of the building. Violators could be ticketed by Bethany Police.
Walkers will be dismissed at 3:45 p.m. and will exit the North entrance of the building. Students will use the crosswalk in the parking lot to walk to the intersection of 19th Street and Peniel Avenue.
For safety reasons, walkers may not be picked up in the parking lot. Illegal parking could result in a ticket.
Daycare riders will load from the playground blacktop. Daycare vehicles should enter the playground from 19th Street. Teachers will load students into daycare vehicles.
Thursday Folders are teacher/parent communication folders that go home with students each Thursday. Your child’s folder will contain school work and other information from the school or teacher. Parents are welcome to use this folder to communicate with your child’s teacher.
Specials classes for Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grades include Computer Lab, Art, Music and Physical Education. Specials for 3rd-5th grades include STEM, Art, Music and Physical Education. Students attend these classes daily on a rotating basis.
After school Extended Care
In order to better meet the needs of busy families, Putnam City offers an afterschool program in most of its elementary schools. The program begins when the school day ends. Children must be picked up no later than 6 p.m.
This convenient program is affordable and offers a safe, environment for children in kindergarten through grade 5. Healthy snacks are provided after school. Daily activities will be planned outdoors (unless weather is threatening or severe), in the computer lab, the gym, action-based learning labs and in the cafeteria. The extended care program maintains a fully trained staff.
Register your child for extended care here.
|Apollo Elementary (PM only)||Hilldale Elementary (PM only)||Tulakes Elementary (AM & PM)|
|Arbor Grove Elementary (PM only)||Kirkland Elementary (AM & PM)||Western Oaks Elementary (PM only)|
|Coronado Heights Elementary (PM only)||Lake Park Elementary (PM only)||Wiley Post Elementary (PM only)|
|Dennis Elementary (PM only)||Northridge Elementary (PM only)||Will Rogers Elementary (PM only)|
|Downs Elementary (PM only)||Overholser Elementary (PM only)||Windsor Hills Elementary (PM only)|
|Harvest Hills Elementary (PM only)||Rollingwood Elementary (PM only)|
A non-refundable enrollment fee of $20 is charged per family per school year.
The full-time cost of the program for each child is $55 a week. Full-time enrollment is for children attending extended care four or five days a week.
Students may also attend extended care on a drop-in basis at a rate of $15 a day. The drop-in rate applies to any child attending extended care from one to three days a week.
You can apply your payment here.
The extended care program is closed when school is not in session due to holidays, school breaks, etc. There is no school on the days below, and schools may also be closed some days due to inclement weather.
|Sept. 2||Labor Day|
|Sept. 16||Professional Development|
|Oct. 17-18||Fall Break|
|Nov. 25-29||Thanksgiving Break|
|Dec. 23-Jan 6||Christmas Break|
|Jan. 20||Martin Luther King Jr. Day|
|Feb. 14||Parent Conferences|
|Mar. 16-20||Spring Break|
Policy and Procedures
- Children must be picked up no later than 6 p.m.
- Please sign your child out daily.
- For any child picked up after 6 p.m., a late charge of $1 per minute will be assessed.
- After three late pickups by parents or guardians, children will not be able to attend afterschool care.
- In the event a child is not picked up by 6:15 p.m., and extended care staff has not received communication from parents or guardians, the proper authorities will be notified that the child has been abandoned.
- An online registration form will be required for each student attending extended care.
- All fees are due prior to service. A $5 per day late fee is assessed for payments that are more than three days late. Anyone with overdue fees (five school days) will not be allowed to participate.
- There is no reduced rate for children who are ill or absent. If a child has an extended illness (two weeks or more), please contact the extended care financial secretary to discuss financial arrangements.
- Online payments are encouraged.
- Payment via money order, check or cash payments will be accepted only at the district administration Office. Schools do not take payment for extended care.
- The charge for returned checks will be $25. After a returned check, only cash, money order or online payment will be accepted.
Guidance and Discipline
- The program will provide a safe, fun program for students who need after school care.
- All school policies will be followed during extended care hours.
- The extended care program reserves the right to refuse service to a child who is unable to cooperate with staff and/or other students or who is destructive to property.
- In case of severe injury or acute illness, 911 will be called and the parent/guardian will be contacted immediately using numbers on file.
- Anyone with reason to suspect emotional, physical, sexual abuse or neglect is obligated by law to contact the Child Abuse Hotline (1-800-522-3511).
For More Information
If you have additional questions about the extended care program, please call the school.
If you have questions about paying, invoicing or billing, please call Danielle Callahan at 495-5200, ext. 1209.